By Hannah Clere
Editor’s Note: These tips go along with a story about how to avoid college debt on Page 3 of the print edition of The Bagpiper on May 19.
Below are tips from University of Louisville Associate Director for Financial Aid Michael Abboud on how to avoid debt in college.
- Apply for scholarships early (even junior year)
- Use your school’s resources
- Talk to your academic advisor
- Get tutoring if you need to get grades up for applications
- Make sure you only take out loans of a reasonable amount
- Make sure the amount you borrow is in line with your career goals
- File your FAFSA early (October)